Understanding My Meta Shop’s Limitations as a Marketplace
My Meta provides a marketplace for buyers to find, learn about, and enter into transactions with sellers around the United States and Canada. It is important to note, however, that My Meta Shop is not a part of that transaction. By shopping on My Meta Shop, you understand that:
- You are not buying directly from My Meta Shop, but from one of the many talented sellers on My Meta Shop;
- My Meta Shop does not pre-screen sellers and therefore does not guarantee or endorse any items sold on My Meta Shop or any content posted by sellers (such as photographs or language used in listings or shop policies); and
- Each seller on My Meta Shop accepts different payment methods and has their own processing times, shipping methods, and shop policies.
As a member of the community, you have the opportunity to flag an item or a shop that violates any of My Meta Shop’s policies. Flagging is confidential.
Communicating with Other My Meta Shop Members
You can use My Meta Shop messaging system as a tool to communicate directly with sellers or other My Meta Shop members. Messaging system is a great way to ask sellers any questions you have about an item or an order. The messaging system may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on My Meta Shop. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via My Meta Shop Conversations to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor’s Promoted Listings ads in order to drain that member’s advertising budget, also known as “click fraud.”
Any use of My Meta Shop messaging system to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Conversations may not be used to support or glorify hatred toward, or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation. If you recieve a message that violates this policy, please let us know here.
Purchasing an Item on My Meta Shop
When you buy from a shop on My Meta Shop, you’re directly supporting an independent business, each with its unique listings, policies, processing times, and payment systems. By making a purchase from a seller on My Meta Shop, you agree that you:
- Have read the item description and shop policies before making a purchase;
- Have submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
- Have provided accurate shipping information to the seller.
Leaving a Review of an Item
Reviews are a great way to learn about a seller’s items and reputation, help good sellers build a strong reputation, or help warn other buyers about a poor experience.
- Your review and/or photograph and profile informationwill be publicly displayed on the seller’s listing and review pages.
- Reviews and photographs may not:
a. Contain private information;
b. Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
c. Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
d. Contain advertising or spam;
e. Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, My Meta Shop or a third party; or
f. Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
- Extortion is not allowed on My Meta Shop. Any attempt to manipulate reviews through threats, intimidation, or bribery is considered extortion and is strictly prohibited on My Meta Shop. Examples of extortion include the following:
a. A buyer leaves a negative review in an attempt to force the seller into providing additional items that were not agreed upon in the original transaction.
b. A buyer leaves a negative review in an attempt to force the seller into providing a refund when a refund is not warranted.
- Shilling is not allowed on My Meta Shop. Shilling is the fraudulent inflation of a shop’s reputation by use of an alternate account. The intent of shilling is to make a seller look more desirable by increasing the shop’s number of sales and overall review score. Not only does it violate our core value of transparency, but it is considered to be a deceptive business practice by the US Federal Trade Commission. Reviews must reflect the honest, unbiased opinions, findings, beliefs, or experience of the buyer.
By uploading a photograph to one of My Meta Shop’s websites or My Meta Shop’s mobile app, you warrant that:
Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of My Meta Shop, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like usernames, listings, Convos, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, or harassing;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
My Meta Shop’s Case System
Although My Meta Shop is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, we provide a case system in the unlikely event your purchase from a seller does not go as expected. You can use My Meta Shop’s case system to come to a resolution with the seller in the event of a non-delivery, or if an item you receive is not as described in the listing. You can file your case here. You can file a case under the following circumstances:
A Non-Delivery occurs when a buyer places an order and submits payment, but the seller does not ship the item or does not ship the item to the correct address. The following are examples of Non-Delivery cases:
- An item was never sent.
- An item was sent to an address that is not on the My Meta Shop receipt or was not verified through Messaging system or USPS address verification.
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer’s address.
An item is Not as Described if it is materially different from the seller’s listing description or photos. Here are a few examples of Not as Described cases:
- The item received is a different color, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The seller failed to disclose the fact that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- A buyer purchased three items but only received two.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented. For example, the description at the time of purchase said the item was “new” and the item is used.
Not as Described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify for late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- A deadline was agreed upon by the buyer and seller.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
The following are not eligible for My Meta Shop’s case system:
- Items that have been purchased in person
- Intangible items, services, or prohibited items
- Transactions where payment is not made through My Meta Shop’s Direct Checkout payment platform
- Items that are returned without a return agreement
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, or washed after receiving them
- Physical or tangible items that are not available for return because they have been destroyed or discarded by the buyer
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays
- Canceled transactions that have already resulted in a refund
Only sellers may cancel transactions. Buyers may request that a seller cancels an order via My Meta Shop Conversations.
Returning an Item
Each seller has his or her own return policies, which should be outlined in their Shop Policies. Not all sellers accept returns.